Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries - including more than half the Fortune 1000 - use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. Kronos customers include enterprises large and small across diverse industries worldwide including retail, hospitality, healthcare, manufacturing, public sector, services, and distribution.
Kronos is a privately held company and was founded in 1977. Headquartered in Chelmsford, Massachusetts, Kronos employs more than 5,000 people worldwide.
Kronos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.Responsibilities:
We seek an experienced Senior Engineer or Architect who is passionate about software engineering excellence, particularly in the design and implementation of complex, performant, enterprise applications. We seek a candidate who has had experience developing enterprise software utilizing leading edge technologies and been critical in facilitating engineering best practices and technology choices.
An ideal candidate would have experience as a senior member of a software architecture or development team at a SaaS or cloud-based company. Additionally, an ideal candidate would like to stay closely involved with application development, architecture, and eventually become responsible with aiding and helping in software development across multiple teams and disciplines.
You will also be expected to:
- Work on multiple projects and be the conduit between the architects and teams
- Relay the architectural vision to the team and help code on occasion
- Investigate new technologies.
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentorship.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline or relevant experience
- 10+ years in software architecture and development principles in SaaS and SOA environments
- In depth knowledge of Oracle, SQL server, Postgres databases, Jboss or Tomcat, Java, J2EE, SQL, Node JS, Redis as well as the related monitoring and analysis tools
- Strong analytical skills, especially for systems and software applications performance and capacity
- 5+ years of leadership experience with working across the organization, including senior developers, architects, and senior management
- 2+ years' experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies is preferred
At Kronos, we believe great businesses are powered by great people.