Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
In this role, the Solution Architect will utilize a broad set of technical skills to architect, automate, deploy and migrate applications to the Predix platform, including services necessary for adoption. You will be a member of an integrated squad working together to deliver successful outcomes on the GE Predix platform.
* Provide hands-on technology expertise to architect, automate and migrate applications to the Predix applying a breadth of application, infrastructure, database and platform experience
* Team with business IT Architects and Developers to understand requirements and partner on design and migration activities including discovery, provisioning, testing, data migration and validation
* Use DevOps tools such as Chef, Jenkins, GitHub and CloudFoundry to automate continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
* Maintain and apply current knowledge of information technology; keep abreast of new and emerging technologies; make technology, process, and application recommendations that can be used to lower costs, increase performance, and add value to the customer
* Demonstrate an ongoing ability to work in a fast-paced Agile environment and be able to present contributions in a small team environment
* Scope projects and guide customers through successful pilot and production deployments
* Contribute to the enhancement and growth of the Predix platform, engage with GE Software team to drive innovative solutions
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT),
Computer Science or Engineering OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of
4 years of IS, IT, or Computer Science.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience designing or implementing IT solutions
* Must be willing to work in our New Orleans, LA facility full-time
* Must submit application for employment through gecareers.com (or COS if internal) to be considered
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
* A strong focus on customer outcomes
* Experience working in a DevOps including the design and automation of IaaS and PaaS service capabilities
* Development experience with any one of the following programming or scripting languages: Java, Ruby, Python, NodeJS, GO-Lang
* Experience with all phases of Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation
* Successful track record of translating business requirements to functional software tests
* Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
* Change oriented - actively generates process improvements; supports and drives change, and confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment
* Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to diplomatically advocate for the appropriate support staffing levels. Ideal candidate will also have experience presenting effectively to non-technical and executive audiences
* Strong analytical skills - strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve
* Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed
* Highly self-motivated, able to work independently
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.