Over the last year, Microservices has become an industry phenomenon. While the architecture has been implemented in few niche areas, the architecture is also on the verge of use in mainstream. This role is for a hands-on, industry thought leader, who is motivated to convert the buzz to reality, by creating products and tools to drive wide adoption of Microservices architecture and technology.
You will be expected to be a thought leader, driving a product from conceptualization phase to getting it in the market and helping on-board customers successfully. You should have the ability to drive your leadership not just through well-crafted written and verbal statements, but also through software prototypes and architecture documents.
The selected individual will have the right technical and architectural experience to drive design and implementation of a Microservices platform at Oracle. Your prior experience in developing and deploying Microservices solutions will be heavily leveraged to make future tactical and strategic decisions for designing and implementing this platform so that it becomes the go-to option for customers to use on Oracle Cloud and on-premise deployments. You will work with engineering management, product manager(s), engineering technical leads and other software development teams to align on design, APIs and delivery dates. You will work with other functional groups, documentation, performance and quality to ensure best results for the overall product. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to innovate and contribute at a very high pace and leave a lasting impression on the enterprise software industry.
- Strong understanding of Microservice architectures
- Expansive knowledge of issues related to building Cloud infrastructures
- Prior hands-on experience in developing and deploying Microservices solutions on Cloud infrastructure
- Experience in working with Docker container, Kubernetes
- Experience with technologies used for service registry like Etcd, Consul, Zookeeper, Curator, Eureka etc
- Experience utilizing IaaS and PaaS from Amazon AWS or Google Cloud Services.
- Experience using and developing RESTful APIs using JAX-RS, JSON
- Experience with event-based and message-driven distributed system
- Expert level programming skills in Java
- Strong understanding of HTTP protocol, WebSocket, SSE, and other web technologies.
- Strong familiarity with web servers and load balancing technologies.
- Understanding of network communications, including TCP/IP, HTTP, and RPC protocols
- Familiarity with security principles using SSL protocols and data encryption
- Experience in use of source code management system like svn or git and build tools like ant, maven, gradle or make.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with Node.js, Nginx, ha_proxy
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Suggest and justify product directions within approved directions. Define responsibilities for new projects and specifies, designs and develops software according to those specifications. Provide consultative software guidance and strategic direction associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Acknowledged expert/professional within company and/or industry nationally and internationally. Provides leadership in the development and strategic direction of new products, processes, techniques. Acts as primary consultant on large projects that effect the organization*s long term objectives / strategy. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 10 more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.