Job DescriptionSoftware Architect - Web Applications (New Jersey)New Brunswick, New Jersey
Come help us write great software.
Software Architect for our vast Web Applications who is ready for a challenge. Ready to forge new solutions to influence healthcare? Ready to create future software releases at a rapidly growing organization? Ready to join an organization that values creativity and ingenuity without roadblocks? Ready to take pride in the work they do every day?
IQVIA isopening a brand new, dedicated software development center, and we're looking for a group of top engineers to join our team. About Our Development Team
We are a proud team of creative & collaborative thinkers whose reputation as innovators and industry experts is globally recognized. We are a highly motivated team of IT professionals who enjoy creating leading-edge business solutions for the life sciences healthcare law compliance business. The development team's role is to enhance the organization's competitive edge by overseeing the integration of today's ever-changing technology with the ever-changing healthcare laws and regulations.
Our development team is far reaching, and provides its members opportunities to work on a variety of projects and platforms with clients across the globe. We are not measured on daily targets, but on the strength of our solutions. We do not just hire coders; we expect our developers to have careers with us, to grow as individuals in the organization to become leaders and influencers while bringing their best to our software. We are looking to build a team that takes pride in the tools they create. Job Description
Seeking a talented architect to join our global development product team. A software architect atIQVIA will define, develop, and support the core services that help move our vision forward. The team will work on determining what Polaris' future technology platforms will be while working on critical components like front end web design, workflow and security that requires maximum scalability, low-latency, and high availability.
Our product development team is composed of full-stack engineers with expertise in multiple technologies like .Net, MVC, AngularJS, Python and more. You will work directly with product development team on multiple projects to provide technical leadership and guidance. Strong candidates will have development and operational experience at large scale, and bring both deep technical understanding and sound judgment to the role. This is a position for a hardworking and creative software architect offering tremendous ability to make an impact. General Responsibilities
- Act as principal designer of critical systems including application, data, and technology infrastructure architectures.
- Research, test, evaluate and propose new technologies.
- Drive best practices for web application architecture and implementation.
- Identify scaling bottlenecks and propose solutions.
- Solve the types of mysteries which only occur at high scale.
- Evaluating existing systems and propose technology upgrades for overall performance and maintenance improvements.
- Recommend solutions to product and project teams for developing new functionality or applications.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Collaborate with team members to develop, document and maintain suitable coding standards.
The following skills are required of our team members:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in designing high performance and scalable web applications.
- A track record of solving technical challenges and owning critical systems.
- Experience writing test-driven code in a variety of languages.
- Experience with team coaching and project leadership in an agile environment using continuous delivery.
- Experience in load testing, defining hardware requirements and solutions diagrams.
- 5+ year of experience in Database design and modelling.
- Ability to design data warehousing and business intelligence platforms.
- Process oriented, problem solving and quality focused attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven technical writing abilities.
- Team-oriented thinking with demonstrated ability to produce high-quality work as part of a fast-paced, dynamic team.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and drive cross-functional and interdepartmental teams.
- Master's Degree preferred (minimum Bachelor's degree) - Preferably in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.