At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Software Architect for the Corporate Research Process Laboratory located in Woodbury, MN. Job Summary:
The Software Architect in the Measurement and Inspection Systems group in 3M Corporate Research Process Laboratory is a new position for leading and charting the course for the development of software to visualize and analyze data from sensors and systems used to quantify the quality of 3M processes and products globally. The Measurement and Inspection Systems group is responsible for designing, developing and integrating novel inspection and measurement technologies for 3M manufacturing and process/product development.
This position requires working with multi-disciplinary teams and the ability to lead a team of on-site and off-site developers. The candidate will work together with the Data Architect and the software team to design the architecture necessary for the storage, retrieval, visualization, and analysis of the data necessary to characterize and improve 3M products and processes.
The candidate will work to create a vision of the future for 3M process data analytics and visualization software, consulting with experts inside and outside the organization. The candidate will have a high degree of initiative to develop, communicate, and execute a project plan and the ability to identify and propose new project opportunities and set directions for creating a technology platform based on software and data analytics. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide architecture, direction, and a vision for the future of the software team and process data analytics technology. Development and communication of a 3-5 year strategic plan for the technology platform.
- Lead the software development team within the cluster.
- In collaboration with measurement experts, data scientists, and internal customers create software data analytics packages integrated with the group's measurement and inspection technologies.
- Lead the entire software development cycle, including research, architecture, development, testing, release, and upgrades for developed software.
- Maintain awareness of new technologies and methods that can be leveraged to keep the group at the cutting edge.
- Provide strong understanding of internal business segment (stakeholders) and possess strong written and communication skills. Present ideas in a clear and concise manner to multidisciplinary teams and management.
- Create examples, prototypes, and demonstrations, documenting intellectual property
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience in software architecture and implementation
- Experience in .NET, C++, and relational databases (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL)
- 10+ years of demonstrated software development expertise
- 7+ years of software engineering leadership experience
- 7+ years of software technology platform experience
- 3+ years of Cloud Architecture experience, preferably Microsoft Azure
- Expertise with technology trends and platforms, such as: IoT, Cloud Computing, Big Data, SOA - Web Services, Mobile Strategies
- Ability to identify, define and build new business opportunities
- Acts as the Technical Architecture Leader providing direction on assigned programs
- Strong client facing skills - presentation, facilitation, written and verbal communications
- Strong problem identification and problem solving skills
- Must have the ability to structure deliverables to maximize reuse where applicable
- Ability to participate in the development of project plans including estimates for the entire life cycle of the project
- Experience in software development in manufacturing, product, or process development.
- Superior inter-personnel skills, be able to inspire and motivate team members, and influence the invention of new technologies that impact 3M businesses.
- High level of independence and initiative, demonstrated ability to identify project opportunities, and a proven track records of driving changes & solutions.
: Woodbury, MN Travel:
May include up to 10% domestic/international Relocation Benefits:
Are authorized for this position
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.