The Software Asset Analyst is responsible for the analyzing and tracking of software within the organization. The Software Asset Manager partners with key business leaders to track, manage, analyze, and evaluate software licenses using an assessment management system. Provides expertise and guidance around procedures and best practices around tracking the life cycle of licenses. This position will ensure asset and license usage is meeting agreed upon levels.
EDUCATION: (Minimum education required)
- Bachelors degree or equivalent business and technical experience required.
- ITIL, CSAM, CHAMP certifications preferred
EXPERIENCE: (Years of experience)
- 2-4 years experience in IT asset inventory management
- 1-2 years experience in licensing audit/true-ups and contract renewals
- Solid understanding of life cycle management for software, license, and IT assets.
- Previous experience working on cross-functional teams
SKILL REQUIREMENTS: (Include interpersonal skills)
- Experience with SAM Tools
- Experience with and/or understanding of Configuration Management (CMDB)
- Knowledge of software vendor licensing rules and terms including Microsoft, Adobe, IBM, and Oracle is a plus.
- High level attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify trends and interpret data
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel, overtime)
- Requires individual to be well organized while being readily adaptable to changes in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work independently and to exercise appropriate judgment as necessary.
- Requires communication and presentation skills to effectively impart information to users.
- Ability to lift a minimum of thirty pounds may be required for some projects.
- Flexibility in hours and some travel may be required for some projects.