Over 25% of total US media spend goes through Strata. We are transforming the way media is bought and executed across media channels globally. Over 7,500 media buyers in the U.S. and Europe rely on Strata to effectively manage their business. Through aglobally scalableplatform and open architecture, Strata offers a flexible system to support all media types in a rapidly changing landscape.
Acquired in 2005, Strata is part of Comcast's Advanced Advertising division. Wearefocused on media monetization, across the value chain and at scale. Are you looking for the next big step in your career? Check out open opportunities to develop and grow your career at Strata.
Software Automation Test Engineer
STRATA MVPD follows an Agile Scrum methodology with quality assurance analysts and automation test engineers embedded in each team working side-by-side other Scrum roles to deliver high value product features in a timely manner. MVPD Developmentis responsible for building and maintaining testing automation scripts and frameworks that execute the verification and validation of software products.
Software Automation Test Engineer is expected to spend time for defined tasks as below:
- Develop effective, reusable and maintainable automated functional test framework and test cases to achieve maximum code coverage in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Design, develop, execute automation scripts and analyze automation test results.
- Proficiency in other scripting languages as C# and Unix Shell Scripts, etc. is a plus
- Integrate tests into the make/build process for continuous integration efficiency gains using frameworks such as Jenkins.
- Ensure that Automation scripts function well across all supported browsers and platforms.
- Perform manual testing of test cases as and when needed.
- Reviews automated tests and provide suggestions to improve the quality of the test.
- Communicate test results and highlight any potential quality risks.
- Hands-on experience with test management tools such as Test Rail, HP ALM is preferred
- Experience with database development concepts, especially Microsoft SQL Server.
- Ensure test automation design is traceable to requirements or existing manual test cases and achieves a high level of requirement/test execution coverage.
- Assist other quality assurance analysts/engineers in writing effective tests.
- Identify and implement continual improvement initiatives to help clients improve overall quality.
Job Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA's)
Candidate is expected to have the following knowledge, skills, or abilities:
- Strong knowledge of automated test methodologies is essential, including automated test script development, automated test tool/utility development, and participation in establishment of an automated testing framework.
- Interact with product management, project management and development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and product testing objectives.
- Strong experience developing automation frameworks
- Strong knowledge of multiple software development methodologies including Agile.
- Experience with defect tracking tools such as Atlassian JIRA, ALM.
- In-depth knowledge of QA methodologies and best practices.
- Client/Server and Web/Internet application testing experience.
- Experience working in a continuous integration or continuous delivery environment using Jenkins, SVN/ GIT or equivalent tools.
- Product testing experience is a plus.
- Willingness to execute both manual and automated tests as needed in addition to development responsibilities.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously.
- Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated.
This is a full time position (weekly 40-45 hours) based at STRATA's headquarters office at 30 West Monroe, Chicago, IL. Working conditions are in agreement with conditions described within STRATA's company handbook unless explicitly noted in this document.
Minimum qualifications and requirements
The candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience in a related field, A Master's degree is preferred but not required.
- 3+ years of developing maintainable test automation scripts/framework for complex applications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
A little about us:
Comcast brings together the best in media + technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences.