*Software Build & Release Principle Engineer- Round Rock, TX*
Everyone has the potential for greatness. At Dell, we hire the best talent to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges to bring world-class solutions to our customers and make technology accessible to everyone. Our environment will provide you what you need to realize your full potential at Dell.
Dell Enterprise Solutions Group is looking for talented SW development professionals to contribute to the development of an Enterprise IT management platform aimed at simplifying Enterprise datacenter IT operations by automating infrastructure and workload provisioning and comprehensive lifecycle management.
We are looking for a passionate*Software Build and Release Engineer*to drive best-in-class build operations in support of our innovative Enterprise IT management platform. The ideal candidate is someone who has a wide variety of experience ranging from Linux/Windows system administration, software release management, SCM, continuous integration, process automation, virtualization & Cloud software.
Successful candidates are those who are excited about taking on the challenges of developing next-generation IT solutions and participating on a team that measures its release cycles in weeks not years. Must be an excellent team player, yet capable of working independently.
- Ensure that practices and tools are in place to support the discipline of release engineering (i.e integration, dependency management, rollback, automation, code review and security vulnerabilities scans)
- Responsible for effective branch management; creating branches for release to production, managing them, and helping developers back port bug fixes, or directing commits to the correct branch.
- Track Open Source Software usage and help with the legal compliance of Open Source Software licenses
- Actively participate in the engineering community, staying up to date on new release and deployment technologies and apply industry best practices internally. Strive to automate any manual parts of the release process.
- Work with automation test team on integrating test automation frameworks into continuous integration test system
- Document release procedures so that they're replicable.
- Partner with the dev lab IT admin to architect, develop, and manage the next generation internal CI/CD infrastructure
- Effectively manage multiple build components, including Git, Artifactory, Gradle, Jenkins, etc.
- Maintain and track build and product dependencies, plan updates that minimize impact to development.
- Capture feedback from developers and testers, develop metrics to instrument service robustness, availability, and capacity of build infrastructure drive ongoing improvements.
- Ensures that all required environment documentation exists and is updated as needed, published and understood by all users.
- Undergraduate degree and 8-10 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience
- Agile methodologies, Continuous Build, Integration and Delivery (CI/CD).
- Expertise in one or more programming language (Java, Ruby, C ) and one or more scripting languages
- Experience with containers a big plus
- Integrating code coverage and static analysis tools
- Proficiency with tools like Jenkins, Jira, Github, Artifactory, Gradle, TravisCI
- Experience in automated builds, deployments, rollbacks and troubleshooting
- Source code control and configuration management
- Open Source frameworks, tools, and technologies
- Build dependency management systems, such as Gradle
- Utilization of REST APIs
- Dell Enterprise, Server, Storage and Networking platforms
- Experience with converged infrastructure architectures & infrastructure automation
- VMware ESXi clusters and Vcenter, MS SCVMM, Red Hat Openstack
- Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues and ability to work with diverse teams
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
*Why work with us?*
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
**Job:** **Engineering - Software Development Engineer*
**Organization:** **Infrastructure Solutions Group*
**Title:** *Software Build & Release Principle Engineer- Round Rock, TX*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *16000YMQ*