IBM is currently hiring for a Software Client Sales Leader (SCL) for IBM Systems. This position is responsible for the selling of IBM Software Solutions to the Healthcare and Life Sciences Sector i
n the Chicago area. The territory consists of Fortune 200 companies.
The Software Client Leader (SCL) will have responsibility for the software client relationship with customers in the assigned territory. The SCL will lead their extended software team and act as the focal point to the client, with responsibility for selling the entire software portfolio (Including on-premise and SaaS solutions) to the assigned accounts in the territory. The SCL will also own and lead all strategic sales transactions in the territory. The position will entail building and managing key relationships, understanding the client's organization and culture, and developing strategic plans to address both IT and Line-of-Business organizations.
The ideal candidate will leverage subject matter experts, executives, and thought-leaders as needed to provide value to the client. This role builds relationships with senior client executives while earning a reputation as a trusted business adviser. The candidate will understand IBM business strategies, and will be able to articulate how those can make a positive impact on our client's business. To fully harness the power of team IBM, the SCL will engage and coordinate closely with the IBM Account team and the extended IBM Business Unit teams.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the client's industry; trends, business processes, financial measurements, performance indicators, and key client competitors in their industry
- Lead the development of the overall Software account plan
- Identify and prioritize opportunities; develop client-valued solutions involving multiple brands and elements
- Conduct sales of IBM's software solutions plus management and coordination of software brand representatives with the account coverage model.
- Financially demonstrate the value of IBM's solutions as well as positively differentiate those solutions from the competitors to customers' lines of business and technical buyers.
- Demonstrated level of business acumen as it applies to the client's business
- Skilled in consultative selling, with an understanding of the client's needs and IBM capabilities
- Extensive networking and interpersonal skills in complex environments
- Commercially minded and capable of supporting end-to-end sales engagements including contract negotiation with the ability to think, plan and act strategically
- Ability to work in complex, matrix managed organizational environment
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.