Panasonic Avionics is the world leader in in-flight entertainment and communications, with most systems installed, most airlines served, and the industries deepest knowledge base, developed with over 35 years of consistent product innovation and committed customer service.
Controls, verifies and identifies software releases internally and for production release to the customer. Assigns software numbers and manages configuration and documentation for all software development and release. Interfaces with System Test, Development Test, Software Engineering, Customer Engineering, and other internal and external on software configuration status and releases.
Organize, write, and publish operational, instructional, and maintenance documentation using established standards for format, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology. Participate in reviews to validate technical data, and ensure customer standards and requirements are achieved. May provide guidance and direction on technical writing. Ensures that technical publications meet all specifications and customer requirements.
Configuration Management Processing
• Verify and Validate customer deliverables.
o Verify and Validate documentation of code changes for each version release.
o Ensures deliverable is per the customer, FAA and RTCA-DO178B requirements.
o Research inquiries from customer, PMO, field engineering regarding software shipments and distribution requirements.
• Issues and controls software configuration part numbers for release to the customer.
• Advises management on tasks and procedures that enhance or eliminate configuration control deficiencies, and able to implement improved processes.
• Development and issuance of supporting configuration management software and technical documentation.
o Generates required certification documentation.
o Write and/or revise a variety of technical documents to include, but not be limited to, Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalogs, Component Maintenance Manuals, Fault Isolation Manuals, On-Aircraft Test Procedures and Service Bulletins/Letters in support of In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) and Cabin Services systems, components and test equipment.
• Generates Status Accounting Reports for configuration control of software.
• Interface with Engineers and other personnel as necessary to gather supplemental information.
• Coordinate work activity status and schedule to achieve customer requirements and delivery schedules.
• Analyze all available source data, such as drawings, wiring diagrams, schematics, engineering hardware and software documentation, test reports, and commercial specifications; and create the most appropriate method of presentation in the applicable technical publication.
• Verify the accuracy of technical manuals by assisting others in performing accuracy checks of prepared data, and providing direction to graphics design on the preparation of technical illustrations.
• Proficient in the use of authoring tools (MS office suite of software applications i.e. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
• Experience in Visual Basic, C++, UNIX, Linux, Perl, shell scripting, application/web servers, make files, build files.
• Familiar with Enterprise applications (i.e. Oracle)
• Ability to lead department projects that require management of allocated team members.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Position requires a thorough knowledge of commercial aviation documentation and guidance specifications (i.e. ATA iSpec2200, S1000D, ASD-Simplified Technical English).
• Ability to resolve issues with SCM, field engineering, management, order administration and program management.
• Ability to analyze change documentation to ensure that it is adequate to generate SBR's.
• Ability to resolve discrepancies between software and software documentation provided by developers, SCM records, management and PMO.
• Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Normally receives general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Configuration Management and/or Technical Publication discipline required which should include CMMI, SEI and AS9100 type standards.
• Typically requires 7-12 years of experience.
This position will require some work on the weekend
Location/Division: 26200 Enterprise Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA Job Requisition: 1600330
A little about us:
Our people are the driving force behind passengers’ amazing entertainment experience and customers’ robust business platform.