Dell Information Technology is a world-class IT organization that employs 5000 across the globe. We are focused on driving business transformation, superior customer satisfaction, and revenue growth through innovation and cutting-edge technology that leverages traditional ERP, as well as cloud, analytics, mobile, and social solutions.
The Software Development Consultant role is a senior level role within the Federal IT Team. This individual will serve as the technical lead for the Federal reporting infrastructure. Working with an offshore development team, Product Owner and business system analyst, candidate will be responsible for the reporting infrastructure within Federal network as well as development, generation and maintenance of data reports and analysis for the program. Responsibilities include collaborating across business areas to deliver timely, accurate, consistent and targeted information to assist in the overall management of the company. The individual will work with end-users to develop and maintain data requirements and overall report development, maintenance and publications.
This individual would be a professional staff member, who works well in a team environment, is knowledgeable about the core functions of the company, easily accessible to all levels of staff and management and is customer focused. On an ongoing basis, analyzes, develops, and documents business requirements and translates those requirements into reports to solve business issues or needs. Provide coaching and training to end users in the use of business intelligence tools to enhance business decision-making capability.
- Reporting infrastructure design, build-out and maintenance
- Identify points of inefficiency and develop reporting process improvement
- Ad hoc reporting and editing as needed in support of cross functional teams
- Assist with data maintenance and integrity projects and tasks
- Other duties as assigned
As a federal contractor, Dell expects its employees to understand and apply commonly known data assurance practices and possess a working knowledge of applicable industry controls such as NIST 800-53 and 800-171.
- Undergraduate degree and at least 8 years of experience related to report development
- Comfortable with fast-paced environment and rapidly changing priorities
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting abilities with emphasis in solving problems independently
- Must possess ability to diagnose reported problems and identify and resolve root cause
- Ability to work effectively with peers, management and internal and external business partners
- Required technical experience should include Oracle BI Publisher, SAP Business Objects & Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Oracle & Siebel Reports
- Position requires proof of U.S. Citizenship
**Job:** **Information Technology - Software Development*
**Organization:** **Information Technology*
**Title:** *Software Dev Consultant*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *16001394*