Dell’s Dell Commerce Service (DCS) team is hiring SDET's to aid in the development of their ecommerce initiatives on Dell.com. These engineers will be responsible for delivering programs in a dynamic, fast paced, scalable agile ecommerce environment. The Premier application suite is a key piece of Dell’s strategy and responsible for billions of dollars in annual revenue and our SDET’s are a key component of keeping the platform alive and growing.
The team needs individuals with deep software test engineering knowledge to guide and deliver a high-volume, highly personalized eCommerce experience. We are looking for candidates who have a background in engineering test methodologies,with demostrated successes in developing automation frameworks, comprehensive automation test suites at both the UI and Service layer, with proven abilities to innovate and be creative. We are looking for highly motivated, goal-oriented individuals who will be responsible for building highly visible, highly available, and customer facing eCommerce solutions.
Ideal candidates will have experience in Agile Scrum teams, object-oriented programming and experience in large multi-national corporations. Candidates will be familiar with Microsoft technologies, and will have worked on web sites dealing with very high volumes.
Candidates should be excellent team players, yet capable of working independently, and will be able to manage multiple projects at once. Candidates will work with some direction, will be comfortable leading cross-team test practices, conference calls, and can work collaboratively as a member of very large projects being developed by multi-shore teams.
The Dell Commerce Service (DCS) team that builds and operates a global Commerce Platform that powers Dell.com, which receives over 1 billion page views per year, across 150 countries and is Google’d more than 1 million times per day. DCSG provides its customers a cohesive branded experience across Consumer, Premier, Solutions, eSupport and Offline Sales. Dell.com is extending the reach of its Commerce Platform to command an extensive variety of applications and solutions that are central to the growth of Dell as a technology and solutions company
- Works closely with clients and Product Owners to continually refine software test requirements and provide feedback on user scenarios
- Works closely with Scrum team members to clarify requirements, ensure testability and automatability, to provide feedback on design (functional and technical)
- Contributes to impact assessments from Feature enhancements on system level interactions, and existing automated test suites
- Conducts In-sprint Test Design, Test planning Test automation development, and Test execution
- Participates in Test Case Reviews
- Conducts Manual Testing, and uses Exploratory Testing to uncover weaknesses in their test approaches
- Writes automated tests for high availability and highly scalable applications which will be used by both internal and external customers
- Identifies opportunities for reuse so as to design and implement test automation libraries
- Provides Test consultation to Scrum team members to assist them in developing robust Unit Test suites
- Is responsible for ensuring quality of their work as well as the work of the entire development team
- Investigates new technologies and techniques and researches ongoing industry developments
- Works closely with the global development team, Solution Architects, and the Online Product Engineering group to plan ongoing infrastructure needs, feature development, product maintenance, and management of development teams
- Logs defects and make recommendations to address defects.
- May conduct performance and scalability testing
- Development responsibilities include doing code review / bug analysis, analyzing development and test impacts, writing test tools and identifying automation opportunities
- Contributes to improvements in unit testing coverage, design test framework, develop test suites, expand automated testing harness and automate scenarios/cases
- Candidate should have strong programming, debugging experience, and excellent problem solving skills.
- The ability to work closely with product owners, developers, program managers and other test teams, to ensure the quality of the owned components
- Engineering Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
-7 years of related experience testing web portals and/or ecommerce applications using Microsoft technologies
-7 years of experience in various phases of testing, designing, and developing complex enterprise applications, including automation test development
-Practical knowledge of object oriented programming
-Practical knowledge in analyzing, designing, and developing solutions to highly complex problems
-Good communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information effectively to both IT and business audiences
-Practice in Agile Scrum methodology
-Familiar with Unit Test, Mock, Test Driven Development etc.
-Ability to perform system-wide root cause analyses and drive improvements
**Job:** **Engineering - Software Development Engineer*
**Title:** *Software Dev Senior Engineer*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *16000T6Z*