Software Dev Senior Engineer - CS17
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Location: Miami, Florida
Posted: September 15, 2016
Reference ID: 160008KI
Join Dell and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals both personally and professionally.
Dell is looking for a software development architect experienced with a broad set of software technologies in the personal computing space. In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with other technologists, architects, experience design engineers, product marketing and software engineers to define, design, and implement software architecture for and lead the develoopment of new solutions that encompass firmware, drivers, middleware components, applications, user interfaces and cloud software layers.
· Working with external partners and internal Dell technology, marketing and engineering teams to define and architect products for Windows (Win 7, Win 8, win 10) platforms
· Managing early technical engagements with key development partners
· Identifying and working with software partners to assess technology and roadmaps for inclusion in future directions
· Defining and implement the overall software architecture and working in collaboration with HW and SW engineering for implementation
· Being the technical expert and resource for the overall architecture decisions on products
· Developing detailed architecture specifications, hands-on development a must.
* At least 10 years of software engineering experience in hardware and software development environments
* Strong understanding of software development lifecycle and product development lifecycle
* Experience in developing API frameworks and overall software architecture
* Understanding of the Microsoft Windows and Linux application development environment
* Experience in other mobile application environments a plus
* Strong background in computer architecture with an emphasis in x86 and ARM architectures
* Strong C, C , C# coding skills, with emphasis on writing scalable code
* OO Design experience; .NET experience is preferred.
* Must have strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
* Demonstrated strong vendor management skills
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Ability to organize and manage multiple projects, setting priorities and working independently under aggressive timelines
* Ability to write and analyze requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, test plans, and documentation
BSEE, BSCS, or BSCE and 6-8 years relevant experience
**Job:** **Engineering - Software Development Engineer*
**Organization:** **Client Solutions*
**Title:** *Software Dev Senior Engineer - CS17*
**Requisition ID:** *160008KI*