The Public Cloud product development team is one of the biggest initiatives in the history of Oracle. We are introducing revolutionary SAAS, IAAS and PAAS products to the market place and because many of these products are being built new, we are experiencing tremendous growth in our IaaS product development team.
Join a growing and dynamic team to develop and test our next-generation cloud storage service. The Oracle Public Cloud team is developing a new web-scale infrastructure as a service (IaaS) offering, focused on cloud storage. Our systems move a huge amount of data. The ideal candidate has experience working with complex, distributed software systems and pushing those systems beyond their limits. ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are a new and small product development team that has a start-up feel, but with the stability Oracle gives. We are seeking strong Java engineers with an understanding of distributed systems concepts. Candidates will have great engineering challenges and will be responsible for hands on coding/development and operations. As a member of the software engineering team, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of our product line. Responsibilities will include
- Development of metadata services supporting the Object Storage Service
- Automation of operations for infrastructure technologies like messaging systems and databases
- Development of tools for monitoring the system and ensuing high-availability
- Design new algorithms for things like data placement, load balancing and collaboration
- Working with other engineering teams with the Object Storage Service to deliver new functionality and enable new capabilities
We are seeking engineers with:
Additional Skills Sought:
- Proficiency in Java, high concurrency distributed computing and Cloud based development
- Experience in Java (Preferred) or another object-oriented language
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- Building distributed, high availability services
- Strong background in data structures
- Experience with messaging and stream processing
- Experience developing high traffic/throughput systems
- Knowledge of cloud compute technologies including object storage
- Experience building fault tolerant and highly-available distributed systems
- Knowledge of distributed database systems and messaging systems
- Experience with agile based iterative development and knowledge of software engineering best practices
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable). Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law. Qualifications:
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.