Preferred Qualifications As a member of Oracle Construction & Engineering GBU product development organization, you will design and develop features in the CEGBU Textura Payment Management Application. You'll communicate with a fast paced and growing team to build the best solutions available for the construction industry. We work primarily in Linux and Python, so familiarity with open source software and the Python ecosystem is really helpful. Our group is based out of the Chicago area.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
In this role, duties and tasks are standard with a good deal of variation.
A candidate should have:
- a solid understanding of software development roles, processes and procedures.
- familiarity with agile software methodology
- moderately complex problem solving requiring minimal assistance and guidance
- good communication skills as well as a positive attitude and a drive to learn
- a BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
- at least 3 years of software engineering or related experience.
We believe that our tech stack is easy to pick up but experience with the following will help you hit the ground running:
- Python and Python-based frameworks like Celery, Django, Flask, SQLAlchemy and Twisted.
- Docker and/or other virtualization/container systems
- Configuration management tools like Salt, Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience debugging complex applications
- Experience consuming RESTful web services
- Optimizing performance in Python or SQL
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.