Software Developer 3
We are a small group of engineers who work on the next generation storage product for Oracle's cloud solution. We are set to develop the next generation architecture with the emphasis in scalability, performance, and high availability, storage efficiency/quality of service and data life cycle management. We are looking for talented individuals to join this small and energetic team. The work involves developing market differentiating features in NAS Protocols, NAS File System and Data Protection.
As a Senior Software Developer, under the guidance of the architects and team leads this person will participate in the design, implementation, debug and support of Oracle's FS NAS product lines. Specific duties include design, implement and unit test certain modules of the NAS filesystem protocols like NFSv4, SMB 3.0; file system features such as file system layout, caching modules, system management, journal subsystem etc.. In addition, this position needs to provide crucial and timely support for customer escalations and provide mentorship to other engineers.
• Strong system software development experience in an Unix environment using C and one or more scripting languages like Perl, Expect
• Experience in building a product with an advanced modern file system
• Prior experience with NAS filesystem protocols like NFS or CIFS/SMB development
• Proficient in debugging an embedded system environment using core dumps; ability to piece together forensic evidence and draw conclusions from traces; familiarity with tools like GDB, wireshark
• Very strong communication skills ; ability to articulate, and document findings
• Ability to work independently with cross functional teams
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.