Our team develops and delivers Linux and related open source technologies
for the cloud.
We're looking for experienced software developers to help us build a Linux offering for the cloud. The role involves understanding general userspace components in a Linux distro as well as emerging technologies that run on Linux to enable the cloud. This role offers exposure to open source development, upstream projects, cloud infrastructure, and Linux distro development.
- experience with C/C , Python, Go, Java, bash
- good understanding of Linux, virtualization, and distributed systems
- experience with various network and storage protocols
- excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- good development skills with DevOps mentality
- some system engineer or system administrator experience is helpful
- experience with git and svn
- able to work independently and in a distributed team
- self-motivated and detail oriented
- excellent communication skills
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.