Oracle Cloud is the key strategic and growth area for Oracle, and is the only comprehensive cloud in the enterprise software industry, spanning from Infrastructure (IaaS) to PaaS to Software as a Service (SaaS).
Oracle PaaS, and its differentiation from any other PaaS in the industry due to comprehensive services provided, and its integrations with SaaS, is a critical part of Oracle Cloud. The Big Data platform group particularly plays an important strategic role in providing significant value to customers.
This hiring group is responsible for helping customers, "Platform IT developers" specifically, to build real-time applications using streaming data and Machine Learning techniques. You will be responsible for the design and development of a cutting-edge platform which customers will utilize to build IoT, mobile, marketing and financial apps. You will be working closely with some of the smartest people in the industry, including PMs, UI Designers, QA, and Documentation teams of each of these PaaS services and industry experts in the field. Responsibilities
: Architect and build an industry leading cloud deployable product by leveraging technologies such as Spark-Streaming, and Machine Learning Techniques. Qualifications for this position are
- 6 years of software development experience
- A minimum of 4 years enterprise software development experience building large scale distributed systems and algorithms
- Experience with distributed streaming platforms such as Spark (preferred) or Flink
- Experience with creating and productizing near real-time systems
- Expert level understanding of Java and/or Scala
- Ability to work in a fast-paced Agile group where rapid deployments into a cloud/SaaS environment with very high quality are a necessity
- Familiarity with Agile software engineering techniques such as TDD, refactoring, code reviews, and continuous integration/delivery
- BS in Computer Science, preferably with Masters in Computer Science or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with experience working with geographically distributed teams is required
• Experience with large scale Big Data SaaS or PaaS product developmentQualifications:
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.