The Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance product development team is a fast-paced, multi-faceted engineering organization. As part of Oracle's Engineered Systems portfolio, product development merges server, storage, networking, and software for a unified, turnkey solution for customers looking for rapid cloud deployment. Taking advantage of existing Oracle hardware and virtualization software, the team focuses on defining more value and higher quality with additional software features.
This is a multidisciplinary role for an experienced kernel and networking engineer to join our Oracle VM and PCA Infiniband team. Must be knowledgeable with device drivers and upper-layer protocols of the Openfabrics stack. Specific knowledge of how infiniband integrates with virtual machine environments (e.g. SRIOV) is highly desireable.
An ideal candidate for this role will have experience working with RDMA and SRIOV, as well as a general knowledge and passion for networking and direct-hardware interface. You will be working with the Openfabrics stack, on both bare-metal and virtualized systems, and developing and evaluating cutting-edge virtualization technologies. Deep understanding of Linux is a plus, but driver/kernel development on any *nix kernel, such as Solaris, LDOMS, are also transferable.
In addition to the standard Openfabrics stack you will be responsible for enhancing Oracle VM server and the PCA appliance to use the Oracle SDN networking drivers. This will include development, debugging, performance profiling and packaging of the drivers and userspace tools.
- 8 years hands-on experience developing enterprise software- Skilled in C, Python, Java or similar languages
- Linux networking, SAN/NAS storage configuration, infiniband networking, virtual machine administration highly desirable
- Working experience on Linux and/or Solaris
- Understanding of Cloud computing, virtualization, and hypervisors
- Experience in web services, XML, REST, and SNMP a highly desired plus
- OracleDB and SQL knowledge a plus
- Additional programming languages such as Perl, Tcl/expect, BASH a plus
- Experience with test automation a plus
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Willingness to experiment and take risks
- Willingness to work in a fluid environment
- Operational and/or development experience with Openstack highly desireable
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.