Revenue Management team within the Oracle Communications Business Unit (CGBU) is seeking a top-tier Principal Software Engineer to join their high-caliber charging team. This team focuses on building a high performance charging engine that is highly scalable for the telecommunications industry. The current offering is a convergent platform that serves both on-line and offline traffic and supports Java, Diameter and Radius interfaces. The product is in its early stage of adoption among existing and new customers. As a member of this team you will be working in a fast-paced and challenging environment developing innovative solutions that address the every changing market conditions using cutting edge technologies.
As a Principal Software Engineer you will:
- Design and implement solutions for various capabilities in coordination with the technical lead, infrastructure team, and product management team
- Drive product innovation
- Coach mid-level and junior engineers as needed
- Work with the quality assurance team to ensure high quality deliverables from the team
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 5 years experience in software development/engineering including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technical Field with 7 years experience in software development/engineering including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- Five (5) years' experience developing software using the Java programming language.
- Experience with functional programming languages like Scala, Groovy, Ruby, static and dynamic analysis, continuous integration tools, infrastructure automation tools like Chef and application frameworks like Spring
- Agile development experience desired
- Experience with Coherence a plus
- Experience scaling high load or high traffic services a plus
- Telecommunication experience a plus
- Firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of four (4) years' experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems, software testing and experience integrating and extending products.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.