Join a growing and dynamic team to develop and test our next-generation cloud storage service. The Oracle Public Cloud team is developing a new web-scale infrastructure as a service (IaaS) offering, focused on cloud storage. Our systems moves a huge amount of data. The ideal candidate has experience working with complex software systems and pushing those systems beyond their limits. ABOUT THE ROLE:
Candidates will have great engineering challenges and will be responsible for hands on coding/development. As a member of the software engineering team, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of our product line. You will responsible for designing and developing.
- Design and develop web-scale object storage systems
- Design and develop client access tools to seamlessly bridge on premise storage with cloud storage
We are seeking seasoned engineers with:
- Proficiency in Java and high concurrency distributed computing
- 7 years production experience in one of: Java, C, C , Python
- 7 experience building distributed, high availability services
- Strong background in data structures
- Experience developing high traffic/throughput systems
- Knowledge of cloud compute technologies including object storage
- Familiarity with OpenStack Swift or similar
- Experience with agile based iterative development and knowledge of software engineering best practices
- Experience building fault tolerant and highly-available distributed systems
- Knowledge of distributed database systems and messaging systems
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
Additional Skills Sought:
- Storage technologies
- Cloud computing
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable). Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law. Qualifications:
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.