A job at Oracle Responsys is not only a fantastic career opportunity but an opportunity to be a part of something big! We are currently hiring top talent to help innovate our next generation application and want you to be a part of it.
The ideal candidate must have passion for solving complex and interesting problems in the area of distributed computing, high volume transaction processing and large scale system design. Our success requires us to process over 450 million transactions a day in a SaaS environment. We are seeking individuals who can develop new features and functionality for Interact Programs, the centerpiece for the marketing cloud workflow orchestration. Work with application architects and Product Management to design and develop server-side functionality, using Java/J2EE technologies, Spring, and SQL, to enable marketers to orchestrate email, SMS, Display, and Mobile Push communications with millions of their customers. Add significant performance enhancements to help scale the workflow engine to be able to handle over 1 billion transactions daily.
• Design and develop new product features and enhancements with high quality
• Work with architects and other senior level engineers to design product features.
• Work with product management team to define new product requirements
• Acquire knowledge of existing code and refactor code as needed to meet the needs of the evolving platform
• Work with the platform, data services and QA teams to deliver high quality product releases on time
• BS/MS/PhD in computer science or other relevant technical degree
• 10 years of experience in application development using Java/J2EE technologies
• Demonstrate analytic and problem-solving skills, particularly as it relates to application design, development and infrastructure
• Excellent object oriented programming, unit testing, debugging and code organization skills
• Familiarity with Spring, Hibernate, JMS, Test NG, relational databases and SQL
• Experience designing/implementing high performance Web services using SOAP/REST
• Ability to quickly learn and develop expertise in highly complex existing applications and architectures
• Experience with high volume distributed application development in a SaaS environment
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.