Our dynamic team, Fusion Release Engineering, is responsible for all aspects of Build and Integration for Fusion Applications, Oracle's next generation business applications. Responsibilities include operations support and maintenance of the build and patch generation system, tools and frameworks for audit, testing and reporting for Java, C-code and Database build. The team is also involved with lifecycle (build to deploy) as well as code line management. The team provides frameworks, automated scripts and APIs used for hosting Fusion Applications in the cloud.
The work is highly technical and includes all aspects of software development from architecture, design to implementation. FRE team members work closely with Fusion development teams and Fusion Middle ware, as well as numerous other teams across Oracle to ensure the highest possible quality of delivered code through the specification and implementation of standards and processes. The team provides training, education and support to the development community on the build infrastructure.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
• 6 years' professional experience as a Software Developer or Engineer working on Enterprise Product Development.
• 6 years' experience with Cloud Deployments and Software as a Service [SaaS] models and knowledge of patching frameworks, delivery of code and patches to Cloud.
• 6 years' experience coding in Java and J2EE technology stack.
• 6 years' experience with Apache Web Servers and WebLogic server, including App. configuration & administration.
• 6 years' experience with Unix Operating System.
• Experience with Build Tools including Ant, Maven, and/or Gradle.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Related Field.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Previous technical support, system support and/or system admin experience.
• Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
• Must be independent, self-motivated and a team player
• Ability to communicate with people of different cultural and language background
• Experience in customer communication and organizing cross team forums
• Must work well under pressure on multiple projects
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.