Services Engineer Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with team to design and build next generation platform to deliver a full automated IT services
- Support development activities by building tools and automation to help streamline operational tasks for a given 'service' or 'function' within the Services engineering 'platform' used to deliver advanced customer and support services to Oracle customers. The services platform consist of the advanced support platform, portal and customer located gateway. A number of cloud support services are delivered using the platform including, but are not limited to, Oracle Solution Support Center, Oracle Advanced Monitoring and Resolution, Oracle Advanced Support Cloud Services, Lifecycle Support Services and Advanced Customer Support for Oracle Platinum Services.
- Work with the stake holders to gain a deeper understanding of the core business requirement to drive improvements via automation.
- Work closely with system architects and peers to map business requirements into functional or technical requirements that can be implemented by automation engineers.
- Following an agile methodology - break down requirements into smaller testable units that can be implemented in a given sprint.
- Attend regular meetings with the team members either to provide or solicit input on-going development activities.
- Work with your manager to schedule and drive tasks based dependencies and business priorities.
- Conduct functional demo - describing features and capabilities of the newly developed solution.
- Performing analysis of systems and identify problem areas, identify ways of enhancing existing systems, and develop viable solutions.
- Work with the technical writers and provide documentation that can be used by the stake holders.
- Provide tier escalation and support for the tier-2 and tier-3 teams on products and services support via our platform.
The role will requires key technical expertise and hands-on knowledge in the following core technologies:-
- Extensive development experience building automation using various scripting and programming languages - including Java Script, expect, python, perl and ruby.
- Firm understanding of Linux and Solaris operating system.
- Strong background in directory and authentication services - specifically OpenLDAP, RSA Tokens, pam ..etc.
- Understanding of hardware component concepts - storage, network/firewalls and clustering solutions.
- Hands-on knowledge in Oracle Enterprise Manager (11g, 12c) - installation and configuration.
- Experience managing or supporting Oracle Database, Weblogic (11g, 12c).
- Firm understanding of Virtualization technologies, micro services and devOps tools.
- Ability to think holistically for a given project or problem.
- Creative problem solving and aptitude for systems thinking.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate complex issues to technical and non-technical staff and management.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- Service Provider experience supporting multiple customers as sysAdmin
- Background and experience in managing cloud based services (AWS preferred)
- Understanding of general security architecture and design.
- Understanding of source control and change management.
- Understanding of Linux build processes including Maven, Make, and RPM-Build.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.