The Oracle Linux team builds a Linux distribution and works on next generation
cloud technologies and infrastructure components. Our team also works on integrating Linux with Oracle products and offerings.
We're looking for a software developer to help us put together and enhance
our Oracle Linux offering. The role involves a good understanding
of open source software development, working with the upstream communities,
and putting together and maintaining a large set of packages into a distro.
Debugging and fixing cross architectural issues is expected as well as
building and resolving dependencies in a way that makes sense for the
platform. Finding integration opportunities to improve the customer
experience is also expected.
- experience with C/C , Python, Perl, Go, Java, bash
- strong understanding of Linux and open source development
- strong understanding of the Linux boot process
- experience with git, svn, gcc, anaconda, rpmbuild
- experience with building rpms, isos, and live isos
- experience with various architectures (x86, SPARC, ARM)
- excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- some system engineer or system administrator experience is preferred
- able to work independently and in a distributed team
- self-motivated and detail oriented
- excellent communication skills
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.