Oracle's Exadata software product development team is seeking a passionate product security engineer to work on end to end Exadata product security.
Oracle Exadata technology is the newest innovation in Oracle's history as the provider of the industry's number one database technology. Exadata team is responsible for the development of all aspects of the Exadata Storage Server Software and Exadata Database Machine which is named as Oracle's most successful new product. This product created an entire industry product segment called Engineered Systems and has very strong revenue growth. The product has the highest levels of visibility at Oracle.
We build distributed storage infrastructure software and tightly integrate it with the Oracle Database.
In addition to our on-premise business; Exadata is widely used in Oracle Public Cloud because of its extreme performance; workload consolidation; scalability; high reliability and high availability. Job Responsibilities
- Take a leadership role in incorporating security into the Exadata product - security is the highest priority for all products deployed in the Oracle Public Cloud.
- Successfully deliver high quality product security features for Exadata software.
- Roughly 80-95% hands-on coding and feature design
- Design and implement parallel, distributed software which is highly secure, scalable, available, fault tolerant in the presence of software and hardware component failures.
- Design and implement features that optimally exploit new evolving hardware technologies in both the server and storage domain.
- Work in a fast paced, rapidly growing team.
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 4 years of software development experience
- Strong knowledge of end to end product and web security
- Motivation/expertise to debug complex system problems
- C/C expertise
- Distributed systems expertise
- Storage experience is a plus
External URL: http://www.oracle.com/database/exadata.htmlQualifications:
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.