This position will be responsible for the overall testing effort on Palerra's LORIC platform features. The position involves extensive automation and hands on testing and is responsible for creating and maintaining comprehensive test plans, managing and updating the issue database as well as keeping all resources materials and data current and accurate. The position needs the ability to communicate with developers, product managers and designers to keep the product on track and the schedules accurate and up to date. We are looking for a positive results oriented individual who can anticipate problems and possibly provide suggestions for solutions.
As a member of the Palerra quality engineering team, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing automated tests/specs, debugging or troubleshooting software applications or backend systems according to provided design specifications Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks and other infrastructure tools.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 years of software engineering or related experience, preferably experience in the SaaS industry.
It is not a typical QA job, rather technically challenging and highly demanding. The prospective candidate will be given opportunity to work on top notch technologies to excel in his/her career including the cloud security services, applying the cloud security best practices on industry's leading cloud apps. It is a white box approach to test the product by automating most of the monotonous tasks in the functional testing.
▪ The candidate should enjoy being a go-to person for ensuring technical issues are understood and reproduced in the functional area for which he/she is responsible,
and assisting other QA engineers in the fulfillment of their goals.
▪ Expedite the gathering of information from development and product management, collaborating in the creation of feature descriptions, requirement documents, and design specifications.
▪ Schedule test sprints using time lines developed with project management to ensure that products are adequately tested, bugs are clearly reported, and code fixes are promptly verified, coordinating testing effort with other QA team leaders.
▪ Publish testing progress reports and lists of bugs prioritized to focus development effort on critical customer-centric issues.
▪ Participate in gathering customer feedback and ensure that test plans are updated to reproduce issues reported by people outside the QA team.
▪ Review bug descriptions, design documents, code check-ins and work with developers to design test cases/test plans.
▪ Participate in the identification and reporting of risks and mitigation plans.
▪ Perform complex system level tests involving heterogeneous Operating Environments and Web/Application servers.
▪ 8 years experience in software QA, preferably 2 years in a lead type role
▪ 2 years working experience testing java based applications. Familiar with J2EE standard APIs and its security model
▪ Experience with developing test automation for GUI & non-GUI applications and testing server-side web technologies.
▪ Knowledge and hands-on experience with test automation tools such as LISA/Selenium,STAF/TestNG
▪ Expertise with Java, Python or any scripting language.
▪ Experience in databases systems, should be able to understand SQL queries
▪ Sound knowledge of HTTP/TLS/REST protocols and interpreting XML/JSON data
▪ Experience in working with AWS/Azure cloud
▪ Exposure to No-SQL, preferably Cassandra
▪ Knowledge of cloud based applications and its security architecture
▪ The candidate will have experience working in a cloud or related environment with demonstrated technical capabilities in Linux, networking, vulnerability management
▪ Knowledge of CI systems such as Bamboo,Jenkins
▪ Familiarity with development productivity tools preferably using Atllassian suite of products
▪ Prior exposure to releasing feature in a SaaS environment
▪ Ability to work in a fast paced agile development environment
• Review product requirements, functional Specs, to create the development of test strategies, test plans, and test specs
• Plan, design, and develop test automation strategies along with the team
• Mange the execution of test cycles and communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders
• Prioritize and triage urgent issues as necessary
• Be a thought leader who's an expert influencing the strategic direction
• Is a person of high character; is consistent and acts in line with a clear and visible set of values and beliefs; deals and talks straight; walks his/her talk; is direct and truthful but at the same time can keep confidences.
• Do the right thing: acts with uncompromising integrity and demonstrates impeccable character at all times
• At ease and relaxed; easy to talk to and get to know; listens attentively; is an open book; has a positive sense of humor; deals calmly with stress and gives people a chance to catch up.
• Seek the Truth: open, honest and direct in communications, encourages open debate up and down the hierarchy to get to the heart of issues
• Must be a self-starter and self-sufficient.
• Must be willing to ask questions, does not settle for status quo
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.