The Java Conformance Tools team is looking for a skilled, detailed-oriented, highly motivated software engineer. The team is responsible for the development and maintenance of software tools that support the analysis, design, and production of Java specifications, implementations, and test-suites.
We are looking for an experienced engineer with good communication skills to be responsible for Test Harness and Java coverage tools.
- For test harness development, the engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining a cross-platform, distributed agent based test harness - used for testing the Java ecosystem (Language, VM, Runtime) against the functional tests of the Java specification.
- For code coverage tool development, the engineer will be responsible for static and dynamic code coverage tools that analyze test coverage of the Java platform.
The engineer will be responsible for the support and usage of such tools in the entire Java ecosystem, but will primarily support the Java conformance organization.
Required skills and knowledge:
• Strong technical background
• Deep understanding of Object-Oriented paradigm
• Strong experience with multi-platform, distributed execution testing harnesses
• Excellent knowledge of the Java language and ecosystem
• Experience with Java Virtual Machine internals
• Knowledge of the Java class file format
• Experience with Java assembly and byte-codes
• Skilled in Continuous Integration systems
• Experience programming with HTML and XML
• Skilled in Technical Documentation
• Skilled in managing defects/requests in a bug system
• Hands-on experience supporting customers and helping them debug issues
Desired skills and knowledge:
• Experience working on multiple HW architectures (Mac, Linux, Windows)
• Experience with build-systems development for multi-platform product support
• Experience in Unix shell scripting
• Experience with software dependency analysis
• Experience with open-source software development
• Experience estimating tasks, building schedules
• Experience with a multi-lingual and distributed geo teamQualifications:
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.