Exadata systems are imaged and contain the firmware for hardware components, Oracle Linux to bring up the server, and Storage Server software that are installed to ensure that the customer gets a fully tested system across all the components. The reliability, scalability and performance of the deployment infrastructre is critical to enable the fastest time to value on Exadata systems.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Enable new hardware support for Exadata images
- Enable faster deployment of Exadata images
- Understand and enable new technologies such as ROCE, 3D Xpoint, 3D NAND and new NVMe flash cards
- Collaborate with the x86 server design teams and the Linux team in ensuring that the images incorporate innovative technologies for machine bring up
- Speed up Upgrades of Exadata Software
- Improve internal development processes for agility
- Work with functional, stress, and performance testing teams to improve performance, reliability, availability and scalability
- Enable Exadata to be successful in the Oracle Cloud
The candidate must be skilled in shell scripting, python scripting, PXE boots, large scale deployments, firmware upgrade processes and be willing to work in a fast paced environment.Qualifications:
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.