Automation Quality Engineer, Redwood City Job Description:
T his is a dynamic software QA team responsible for testing Oracle Managed Cloud Service. As a principle QA Engineer, you will work closely across many Development, QA, Product Management and Release Management teams to ensure high quality and timely product releases. You will work in a dynamic team to plan, test, certify, develop, automate and execute test plans for Oracle Managed Cloud Service. You will also help develop test strategies, process improvement and work on problem resolutions. You will be using state-of-the-art testing and development tools.
The successful candidate should be:
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent.
- A minimum of 6-8 years of software engineering or related experience required.
- Understanding roles, processes, procedures, project planning and execution, QA test lifecycles a must.
- Able to perform complex tasks with minimal assistance and guidance and possess good problem solving skills.
- H ands-on experience with various operating systems like UNIX (Linux, Solaris, HP) / Windows is required
- I n depth knowledge and experience with Automation Tools such as Selenium, TestNG, RestAssure, JUnit or equivalent is a must
- I n depth knowledge and experience with Scripting Languages such as Shell, Python, or Perl is a must.
- Experience in SaaS, multi-tenant applications, performance tuning are a plus.
- Familiar with tools like: Jira, Confluence is a plus.
- Strong debugging, problem solving skills is desired.
- Strong sense of commitment to quality, schedule and effective communication is a must
- P roven capability to work across teams globally is required.
- Should be an excellent team player.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.