Java SE Advanced Group is looking for an experienced, passionate, and highly motivated senior developer for the engineering team to join our development efforts. Our team is responsible for delivering commercial products and technologies to help customers understand and manage the use of Java in their enterprise. This is a demanding job that requires highly specialized technical skills.
We are looking for a seasoned senior developer with a thorough understanding of the Java platform in general and its Graphics toolkits in particular, of commercial product development lifecycle, and testing methodologies. This individual must possess a passion for quality, a very strong technical background in the relevant technologies, and a desire to make an impact on our product. We hire self-driven, proactive, hands-on senior developers.
- Be responsible for the architecture of database schemas across multiple RDBMS
- Be responsible for the architecture of Web Services and REST APIs
- Work on performance scalability of a large enterprise project
- Collaborate closely with the Front-end developers inside the team
- Collaborate with development teams across the company
Required Experience and Skills
-10 years of experience as senior engineer, working on a complex product or development framework
-Work inside virtual engineering teams, distributed across multiple geographies, for the implementation of at least one commercially successful product
- Familiarity with networking and inet protocols
- Strong technical expertise and active contribution to at least one of the Java SE UI toolkits (AWT, Swing, JavaFX)
- Must have experience using distributed source control systems. Mercurial a plus.
- Deep knowledge of Java Deployment stack (Java Plug-in, Java Web Start)
- Committer Role in Open JDK Projects is required
- 10 years technical experience in both Java and C/C
- Multi-threaded and concurrent programming skills
- Must have extensive knowledge of security protocols and cryptographic algorithms
- Experience developing software under SCRUM methodology
- Good English communication skills
- MS degree in computer science, with a solid foundation in complex and distributed software system design, development, implementation, and quality assurance.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.