The Java Platform Group is looking for an experienced, passionate, and highly motivated Software Quality Engineer to join our world class development efforts. Our team is responsible for delivering the Java platform that is used by millions of developers. We are looking for a seasoned engineer with a thorough understanding of testing methodologies, a passion for quality, a strong technical background to advance our processes, and a desire to make a positive change in our product.
We hire developers to write code to test code. Our goal is to have engineers writing robust, reliable, repeatable and maintainable tests that find issues early and cover the area of the component under testing. Our quality engineers are in the product source code as much as they are working with test source code and are building the framework used for testing. Growth in this role means growing as an engineer: strong designs that are built to last, deep component knowledge and broad scenario experience will be measures of success as a candidate grows in this role. The primary focus for this position will be on server technologies: Java core libraries, VM, and GC
• A strong technical background as well as good verbal and written communication skills.
• Candidates with previous test automation experience (junit, testNG) will be given priority
• You will be expected to work with a wide range of features and component teams in order to drive quality in vm, memory management, GC, security, networking, core library, tools, web services.
• Create the next generation of testing tools, techniques, and infrastructure to increase the speed of release cycles
• Work closely with engineering teams to understand new technologies, design and develop functional test suite to ensure the quality of the product
• Designing and developing test harnesses and test applications.
• Writing test plans and test cases to ensure product quality, increase code coverage and minimize validation escapes to customers.
• Ensuring timely software releases by improving efficiency, productivity and consistency through test automation
* BS in a technical discipline. MS desirable. At least 3 years experience in software quality
* Motivated and results oriented individual who is highly technical and has hands on coding ability
* Experience with web service, compiler testing.
* Strong Java programming background and experience with shell scripting
* Working experience on linux/unix
* Extensive test and troubleshooting experience
* Excellent oral and written communication skills together with demonstrated technical leadership and mentoring skills.
* Ability to thrive and grow in a fast paced team environment.
* Ability to conceive, plan, implement, and collaborate with distributed teams on process improvements and productivity enhancement tools.
* A desire to learn new skills
* Java Certified Developer is highly desired
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.