Are you interested in building large scale distributed infrastructure for the cloud?
As cloud computing pervades the industry, its infrastructure needs to provide stable performance and availability service level agreements at ever expanding scale and complexity. This requires the collection, correlation, and analysis of accurate metrics to ensure the optimum allocation and protection of virtual and physical resources in real time. The rapid expansion of cloud infrastructure and proliferation of monitored components has led to the generation of enormous streams of sensory data from sources such as performance metrics, virtual and physical resource utilization, workload statics and detailed services logs.
Our team's charter is to deliver autonomous, real-time monitoring solutions for the Cloud to achieve the goal of maximum performance and availability at scale, utilizing multitude of advanced techniques including machine learning (ML), pattern recognition, and data mining. The scope of our solutions extends over a wide range of cloud components including databases, servers, VMs, network, and storage. We are responsible for the development of:
* Data mining of large sensory data for knowledge discovery, data transformation and feature extraction, predictive models creation and training, state estimation and fault classification. Health diagnoses utilizing intelligent decision managers and custom inference models using leading edge algorithms.
* Scalable, self managing historical data store for archiving the multitude of sensor data in support of model generation, and the functional and algorithmic capabilities of continuous monitoring.
* Comprehensive visualization tools for deeper insights.
Our solutions are targeted for wide deployment of ML components in the cloud, automating the learning process with minimal supervision, for a facile user experience.
High degree of competence in areas of expertise, rock solid coding ability, excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills required. Experience in development of Systems Management products is a plus.
* Proficiency in Java, C/C , Python, SQL/PLSQL (multiple languages preferred).
* Deep knowledge of Database internals and performance tuning (Oracle preferred).
* Strong knowledge of Data Structures, Algorithms, Operating Systems/Network/Storage and Distributed system required.
* Programming experience using SQL/PLSQL required. Shell/Perl scripting skills is highly desirable.
* Strong understanding of Web technologies.
* Experience with Statistical methods very desirable.
* Experience with Systems Performance Analysis/Queueing Network Models sought.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Must be able to work efficiently with global teams across multiple time zones.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.