Oracle publicly unveiled its CloudComputing strategy during Larry Ellison's Open World 2011keynote speech. According to several key analysts, the Oracle Public Cloud (OPC) is akey strategic move and will change the computing landscape forever.
Our Cloud organization spent the last couple of years making the current OPC release areality and now we are seeking to take OPC to the next evolution, with new offerings inInfrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS).
Oracle PaaS offerings include providing the worlds best platforms - Oracle Database andOracle Fusion Middleware, on the Cloud.
More information about our organization, Oracle Cloud can be found here:https://cloud.oracle.com/
We are looking for talented individuals who are passionate about developing cutting edge enterprise systems using Java. As a member of the software engineering team, you will participate in the entire software development process: requirements gathering and analysis, working with product management to define product features, designing system architectures, implementing and documenting features, writing/testing/maintaining code, leading cross-team projects, and mentoring other team members.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong skills in several of the following areas:
* Minimum of Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline and 7 years of experience
* Java Concurrency: multi-threading,locking, synchronization free concurrency implementation, Java concurrency patterns, etc.
* Java Design and Abstraction:designing classes and interface, using patterns effectively, documenting APIs clearly, planning for extension, design for testability
* Java Tuning and Debugging: generalJava tuning, multi-threaded performance consideration, sophisticated online debugging, heap dump analysis, J2EE execution environment debugging
* Advanced Java Experience:hierarchical classloaders, runtime classloading, reflection APIs, use of generics in API design
* Java Database: core JDBC experience, ORM persistence frameworks, resource pooling and cleanup, datatype conversion
* OS Automation and Integration: scripting (sh, perl, python etc.), Linux/Solaris tool familiarity, OS resourcemanagement, job management
* Networking: transport protocols,security, load balancing, routing, performance
* Specific Application Domain Knowledge: e.g. J2EE, Webservices, SOA architecture, Identity Management, HighAvailability architectures, scalable design and deployment, virtualization,etc.
* Ability to work in an extremely fast paced and challenging, global environment
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.