Oracle Cloud team is looking for architects to be responsible for the architectural design and
implementation of all frameworks and tooling necessary for the successful running of Oracle Cloud
Services for customers on Oracle Cloud. This is a senior position, working in the center of
Oracle's Cloud initiatives. The successful candidate will develop a deep understanding of all
Oracle Platform products like Oracle Database and Oracle Fusion Middleware, and will be responsible
for the lifecycle frameworks of such, including install and provisioning.
Framework and tooling created will be used by every single Oracle Cloud customer,
and plays the central role of enabling and managing Customer needs within Oracle's Cloud.
As a technical leader of the team, you will work on and provide directions to projects that solve
complex technical problems that provide substantial customer value. As a Product architect, you will
be in daily interaction with other key architects within Oracle, along with executives and leaders across
the Fusion and Cloud initiatives. You will work with team members spread across the globe. This is
an extremely challenging, very fast paced, extremely rewarding and highly visible position.
Projects are developed leveraging leading Oracle technologies such as Oracle Database, Oracle Fusion Middleware,
Oracle Identify Management, etc. and using programming languages/tools
that include Java, XML, SQL, PL/SQL, and deployed on cloud based infrastructure as well as
traditional physical infrastructure.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Hands on architectural leadership for envisioning, designing and creating frameworks and
tools supporting all life cycle operations needed for successful technical management of
the life cycle of Oracle Cloud Services, including install/provisioning, upgrades, patching etc.
• Developing and setting architectural approach and standards across Oracle Cloud Services
and Operations, to ensure successful, efficient, world-class capabilities.
• Working with external teams, architects and executives throughout Oracle Database, Oracle Fusion
Middleware, Cloud Operations, and Fusion Applications to define and prioritize requirements,
define and refine architecture approaches, ensure functional and performance excellence, oversee
successful technical and process rollout and drive requirements across the rest of the
overall technical stack.
• Develop deep technical and domain understanding, and provide architectural and technical
leadership, in all areas of the Oracle Database Management and Cloud offerings.
• Ultimate responsibility to executives for the design of all technical solutions and frameworks
within the Cloud services space, and to customers for the success tooling.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
* BS or MS degree in computer science or equivalent, with 10 year of solid foundation in complex
software system design
* A background with deep and incredible coding skills (especially in Java) as well as in all
other technical skills necessary for excellence in all stages of product development.
* Commercial experience as lead developer of complex cross application products and/or underlying
infrastructure that has shipped and in use by large number of customers
* Expertise in architecting, designing, and implementing scalable and distributed systems. Includes
concurrent execution as well as multi-thread applications.
* Deep understanding and expertise in database management features.
* Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
* Ability to work in an extremely fast paced and challenging environment
* Excellent command of written and spoken English
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.