This position is for a Principal Storage Test Engineer focusing on Cloud testing of Oracle's Flash Storage system for Mission Critical Applications. Flash Storage is architected to exploit the power of flash for enhanced and predictable performance with better economics using Oracle's patented Quality of Service (QOS) features. Co-engineered with Oracle Database and Oracle Applications, Flash Storage optimizes Data Center performance with features such as Hybrid Columnar Compression (HCC) and Application Profiles. More information about FS1 is available at: www.oracle.com/fs1
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly talented test engineer to contribute to cloud-based test strategy, automation of existing test harness in addition to developing and performing manual tests. The ideal candidate comes with hands-on experience working on SAN Storage with a proven background in testing processes and test automation. The qualified candidate will have experience developing and executing test plans and test cases, ideally for Cloud-based solutions. Test automation and scripting experience is required along with strong verbal and written communication skills.
Desired Skill Set:
- Hands-on experience working on deployment, configuration, administration or testing of SAN and NAS storage systems with exposure to configuring Storage Clustering, SAN Boot, Replication and DR.
- Solid understanding of SAN, iSCSI and NAS protocols (NFS, SMB/CIFS), Storage Subsystems and RAID.
- Working knowledge of Cloud infrastructure, features/concepts and storage implementation.
- Data Center Exposure with hands-on configuration and administration experience on the following applications is desirable: Oracle Database 11g/12c, VMWare ESXi, Oracle Virtual Server, Microsoft Applications, Backup and Archival products
- Proven experience with product life cycle design, documentation (test plan, test case and test reports) and leading projects independently.
- Test Automation and scripting experience is required. (PERL/Python programming experience)
- Familiar IO Workload generators is a plus: Loaddynamix, VDBench, IOmeter, IOzone, Oracle OLTP and Swingbench workload generator and JetStress
- Over 7 years of solid experience working on Storage Systems with good understanding of system and solutions testing processes
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.