Senior Software Engineer - Cupertino, CA
Oracle BlueKai is the most interconnected media-independent data management platform and data marketplace in the industry. Our customers use our expertise in big data ingestion, analysis and portability to connect their data assets and use them to make a difference for their customers. We process over 250 billion user audience attributes per day across hundreds of millions of Internet users and we are the behavioral data backbone of the online advertising ecosystem. As the leaders in our industry, we are looking for engineers to rethink and scale out our real-time pixel server systems which are core and critical to the day-to-day operations and growth of BlueKai's business.
The Data Cloud Pixel Server team is responsible for the core technologies of BlueKai which ingest data across the Web and mobile platforms, classifying profiles in real time across over one million rules. That done, we then deliver tens of billions of consumer profile signals to hundreds of partners to help them to drive more value from their marketing dollars. BlueKai is a Big Data company and the Pixel Server team runs the engine that generates and actions upon this data.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will define, develop and refine our software platform for ingesting, classifying and delivering data on billions of profiles. This role will require you to interact across multiple teams requiring expertise in technical, written, and spoken communication skills. You'll work in an environment where we value, expect and reward peer-to-peer collaboration and you will be positioned and expected to make a significant impact on how BlueKai's strategy unfolds and develops.
• Break down complex software engineering projects and stories into individual tasks
• Design, implement, and operate highly available and scalable systems to ingest, store, query, and deliver large amounts of data.
• Optimize your code and algorithms to run in a high-performance real time environment multi data center environments which generates billions of events a day
• Create and maintain unit tests
• Write code, release often, and have a blast doing it.
• Support the software your write and deploy in our production environment.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
• B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
• 5 years in C or C
• 5 years developing and operating software in a Linux environment (incl. working with Perl, Python, bash, or your favorite scripting language)
• Competent in web service technologies/ideologies
• Exposure to Scrum/Agile methodologies
• Strong communication skills: able to clearly articulate, defend and document design decisions and work with a distributed team
• Interest and aptitude for understanding the business models that drive the company
Ideal candidates will also have the following:
• M.S. or higher in Computer Science
• 7 years of industry experience, heavily weighted towards C and C
• A demonstrated record of delivering projects in the face of significant ambiguity and complexity
• Experience designing and implementing scalable systems processing large amounts of data
• Familiarity with Amazon's EC2 and S3 product offerings or similar technologies
• Experience in ad technologies and/or the online advertising space
Candidate Personal Attributes:
Love of Problem-Solving: You attack problems and solve them rather than raise barriers or pessimism
Self-starter: You like results, take initiative and have a figure-it-out-and-get-it-done mentality
Fun: You have good people skills, are humble and fun to be around
Passion: You have a natural curiosity and desire to excel
Ownership: You sign up, are accountable and follow through - whether you succeed or fail
Creative: You believe there is always a way to solve the problem
Data-driven: You gather data to make decisions and use data to convince others.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.