Oracle Management Cloud (OMC) is Oracle's suite of management services in the cloud, which provides a single pane of glass for customers to manage their IT Operations in Oracle Cloud. Through utilization of modern Cloud and Big Data technologies, OMC provides market-leading management and automation support for Oracle applications, databases, middleware, hardware and engineered systems. Oracle Management Cloud helps customers to accelerate the adoption of cloud computing to optimize IT resources, improve hardware utilization, streamline IT processes, and reduce costs.
About the Position:
The candidate we are looking for is a senior developer who will play a key role in the OMC team. The candidate must have strong programming experience in Java and cloud related technologies.
The candidate will:
- Conceptualize, design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, storage, networks etc. within OMC
- Collaborate with engineering teams across the globe to understand the product functionalities and use cases.
- Work closely with product architect, peer group as well as members of different development organizations.
- Have extensive experience in cloud technologies and systems domain involving physical and virtualized assets.
- Leading contributor and a team player. Will be required to provide direction and mentor other team members
- Develop, debug and test programs and scripts for components and sub-systems of Oracle Management Cloud Software.
- Contribute to the analysis of functional requirements and participate in engineering initiatives.
- Adopt and promote solid software development and test-driven practices with your peer.
- Writing, reviewing and promoting quality, clean and readable code
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 10 years of experience as a software developer. Experience with software development life cycle.
- Extensive experience in Java and cloud technologies
- Experience on UNIX and scripting, preferably on Solaris & Linux.
- In depth working experience in virtualization technologies.
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Good communication skills and ability to participate in technical discussions and communicate clearly.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.