Oracle Public Cloud Group (Santa Clara, CA ) Description
Oracle is building Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Public Cloud from scratch, and is looking for exceptional Engineers and Architects to join our team.
Oracle Cloud is enabling the move of customers towards software delivery via cloud based services with an expanding core infrastructure built for it. Our vision is to bring all our products to the Cloud from our app server and development tools to our database and Application software. We are building out a massive-scale virtualized compute, network, and storage service.
You'll be part of a team that builds out next generation datacenters, products and features. This team will be building one of the single most critical features for the public cloud and develops the Infrastructure-as-a-Service platform that drives Oracle Public Cloud, Oracle PaaS and SaaS offerings. We have engineering work at every layer of the stack. At Oracle, you'll be front and center, developing new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies which operate at high scale in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. And do all this working for a company with Oracle's unique combination of corporate strength and stability.
You will be a member of the Cloud Compute Infrastructure (IaaS Compute) team that operates in a continuous delivery and will be responsible for all aspects of product design, development and deployment. As a critical member of this team, you will be focused on developing highly scalable, highly available and massively distributed web service components which form the basis of Oracle Cloud. You will have the opportunity to develop complex cloud technology from the ground up. Your Background:
Candidates should be passionate about distributed systems, networking, storage, infrastructure and cloud computing and building fault tolerant and highly-available large scale distributed infrastructures for the Cloud.
- 10 years experience in developing and deploying large scale, highly available, distributed systems.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science
- Strong knowledge of Python, Java, C or Shell scripting.
- Strong Object Oriented Design Skills for distributed services
- Experience with distributed systems that scale well and have participated on teams that have had a collaborative approach to systems architecture as well a high bar for quality and performance.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems and distributed service infrastructure.
- Experience with Unix/Linux Internals
- Understanding of virtualization technologies and hypervisors (Xen, KVM) and experience building multi-tenant, virtualized infrastructure such as XEN is a strong plus
- Understanding of networking and storage technologies
- Experience building large scale distributed systems
- Experience with agile based iterative development and knowledge of software engineering best practices
- Expertise in debugging scale and performance issues
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Candidates will have great engineering challenges and will be responsible for hands on coding/development.
- You will be taking an active role in defining, developing and debugging a highly scalable high performance Compute Cloud service and the architecture of major components of our product offering from concept to production deployment
- Work is non routine and very complex, involving application of advanced technical skills in the areas of specialization.
- Providing technical direction and mentoring to others when and as needed.
- Working with geographically distributed teams and contribute to the success of his/her team and other related teams.
- Delivering large-scale projects on-time with high quality.
- Collaborating and working effectively with best in class architects, engineers, product managers, QA and Documentation teams.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.