Join a growing and dynamic team to develop and test our next-generation cloud storage service. We are developing web-scale infrastructure as a service (IaaS) offerings focused on cloud storage. Our systems use huge amount of data. The ideal candidate has experience working with complex software systems and pushing those systems beyond their limits.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Consulting Member of Technical Staff you will lead software development for major components of Oracle Public Cloud. Candidates will have great engineering challenges and will be responsible for technical leadership, architecture, design, strategy, proof of concept, and hands on coding/development. As a member of the software engineering team, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of our product line. You will responsible for designing and developing.
• Design and develop web-scale object storage systems
• Design and develop client access tools to seamlessly bridge on premise storage with cloud storage
We are seeking highly seasoned engineers with:
• Proficiency in Java and high concurrency distributed computing
• 10 years production experience in one of: Java, C, C , Python
• 10 experience building distributed, high availability services
• Strong background in data structures
• Experience developing high traffic/throughput systems
• Knowledge of cloud compute technologies including object storage
• Familiarity with OpenStack Swift or similar
• Experience with agile based iterative development and knowledge of software engineering best practices
• Strong working knowledge of IaaS and PaaS technology
• Experience building fault tolerant and highly-available distributed systems
• Knowledge of distributed database systems and messaging systems
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
Additional Skills Sought:
• Storage technologies
• Cloud computing
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.