Based out of Austin, Texas, Oracle is seeking a Senior Research Engineer interested in advancing Oracle's technology with cutting-edge architecture advancements. You will be at the forefront of the design and development of future scalable systems for our customers. The primary responsibility of this position is system architecture definition, modeling, simulation, and analysis.
Specifically, you will work independently, with an advanced technology group in Austin, as a research engineer developing application architecture analyses and run-time behavior models in the context of emerging system architectures. Responsibilities
• Developing new algorithms and architectures that target highly scalable systems.
• Create measurement and analysis facilities for analyzing application algorithms and system run time behavior.
• Make architecture and design recommendations based on performance analysis and tradeoff studies.
• help develop and maintain tracing and characterization tools and simulation models
• analyze system requirements to determine the feasibility of the design within power/schedule/cost constraints
• perform software engineering design, coding, testing, and documentation for system modeling Skills and Experience
- Expertise in computer system architecture and performance analysis including network topology, routing, flow control, message passing, and coherence protocols.
- Experience is required in creating performance simulations, programming in C and/or C , developing software system testing procedures, and documenting results.
- Experience with data base and graph benchmarks is a plus. E
- Experience with optical networks and silicon photonics is a plus.
- The candidate is expected to have 10 or more years of experience, along with a publication record and/or patent portfolio.
- MS in electical engineering/computer science or a related field is required; PhD is preferred. The candidate is expected to have 10 or more years of experience, along with a publication record and/or patent portfolio.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.