Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where you can learn something new and make a real difference everyday? Does solving complex technical problems on the Cloud interest you?
If so, we are currently looking for a highly motivated lead engineer to join our growing organization that provides technical solutions that enables Software as a Service (SaaS) on the Oracle Cloud.
This position offers unique opportunities:
- To gain deep knowledge across the entire technology stack: from virtualization, file systems, databases, middleware to enterprise applications.
- To collaborate with a large number of product teams and to have real influence over product directions
- To solve unique challenges in hosting complex and large-scale enterprise applications in the Cloud
- To experience how concepts such as performance, scalability, extensibility, supportability, and resilience truly make a difference
- To build products that have immediate and game changing benefits to our large number of Cloud customers
- To play a significant role in powering SaaS to the next success level
This person will:
- Work closely with senior developers, architects, product management, IT and Operations teams
- Be involved in the complete product lifecycle: design, prototype, development and maintaining of the technical solutions that makes SaaS a successful business.
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
- Have a positive attitude and exemplary work ethics
- Have strong spoken and written communication skills. Is able to interact effectively with people in varying job functions
- Thrives in a dynam ic and fast - paced team environment
He/she is also strong in the following technical areas:
- Core Java, including: concurrency, class and interface design, runtime class loading, reflection, use of generics.
- Database: Core JDBC, SQL, and knowledge of schema design
- Scripting: ant, shell, perl, python, etc.
- OS: Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: J2EE, web services, identity management, high availability architectures, scalable design and deployment, virtualization.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.