Come join Oracle as part of the Oracle Management Cloud Ecosystem - Quality Engineering org as the Automation engineer. The candidate would be responsible for automated testing and service validation with a strong technical expertise.
You will be working as an innovator and thought leader in the test automation space. You will work with test development and product development teams to ensure end-to-end solutions are easily testable through automated tests, ensure comprehensive test coverage and full integration with promotion pipeline for continuous delivery.
Bring your technical skills, automation expertise, creativity, passion, and innovative experience and be ready to proactively function on a highly visible team in a fast-paced environment. REQUIREMENTS
- 12 years of experience in a software engineering environment including 3 years in an Agile environment using CI with a high level of automation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering. Must possess technical knowledge of all areas that support the cloud infrastructure including automation frameworks
- Extensive experience working with Linux platforms;
- Excellent understanding of test automation principles and techniques: test-driven development, Unit tests, code coverage, instrumentation, etc.
- Unit, integration, black box, service and UI testing - understanding of testing pyramid
- Experience designing and implementing testing automation framework and methodology to support agile product development. Experience integrating test automation fully into the CI chain and how to keep tests healthy.
- Experience with:
- Scripting/development experience (JAVA, J2EE, PL/SQL, Perl, Shell, Python, etc.).
- Unit Testing frameworks like TestNG, Junit, mocking solutions, etc.
- Testing frameworks for REST API; UI automation tools like Selenium
- Continuous integration systems: Hudson, Jenkins, etc.
- Collaboration and project management tools: JIRA, Perforce
- Version control systems (GIT, SVN)
- Relevant experience in Service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.