We are looking for a Software Developer to join our clients team.
* Will handle all aspects of software implementation - requirements, design, development, testing, documentation, deployment
* Verifying requirements and then doing Software development in the Microsoft technology stack. Customizations and developing new features for existing applications. These are all web applications.
* Integration of multiple software systems in the application ecosystem environment, includes making sure sync between applications and processes are set up to optimize the ecosystem performance
* Perform Unit testing
* After go-live, then support and feature enhancements to these customer facing applications
* Many of these applications are all very data intensive applications, dealing with large data sets on the backend.
* The developer will talk to the end-users (there is only a BA on the very large projects), take abstract concepts, turn them into requirements, understand what the requirements are problem is, and then "step through" the legacy code (understand it structurally) to really understand and debug what the problem or solution might be (and the challenging part is that there might very little documentation about that application which was possibly written by someone five years ago who no longer works there). The person will take the solution all the way through to testing and implementation. One of the great part of this job is that you will get to interact with end-users and executive level management during the process of defining and creating the software solution, you will be at the table giving suggestions on the approach to the problem, the design, and the technical decisions throughout the project.
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
- Approx. 5 - 7 years experience developing .NET application with C#, .Net 4.0, ASP.net, MVC
- Good knowledge of the data layer of the application including basic knowledge of SQL Server, Tables, Queries , stored procedures, etc. - experience having done software development with applications that deal with large data sets (there is only one DBA on staff so the developers need to have solid SQL skills), SSIS
- Web Services - developing web services, Restful Services, Web API
- Experience with the full lifecycle and will work on all tiers of the application
- Gathering requirements and ability to interface with end users
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.