Like massive online data sets, state of the art data science and the latest in predictive analytics? The Business Insights team at AddThis, part of the Oracle Data Cloud, (ODC) is looking for the right software engineer with a passion for data. AddThis operates one of the internet's largest proprietary tool platforms, providing unique access into mindsets and behaviors on the open web.
We are building our next iteration of monitoring and metrics system to be used to investigate substantive business questions and provide data clarity at scale. On our team, you will help elevate our internal toolsets into a scaled analysis system, integrated into product and ODC decision making.
The right candidate will work with online data, building reporting, analysis, and data validation tool sets. We will use these tools to measure our platform success metrics, provide rich insights into our publisher and content classification, and measure performance of our audience and ad technology across the internet.
The right person understands core web technologies, and how display data is collected on the internet. An ideal candidate has an education background in a quantitative field, with demonstrated experience constructing and managing large data sets for analysis. Experience with statistics, econometrics, or experimental design is important.
Responsibilities and Projects:
- Integrate and automate our BI toolsets into multiple internal and external data stacks.
- Improve our suite of data management tools, along with engineering and platform teams, to integrate reporting with the larger ODC.
- Analyze data assets for their impact on Data, Audience and Insights revenue generating products.
- Create ad hoc data sets to support specific research projects..
- Cross team coordination with Platform and other Product engineering groups.
- Document data assets, usage recommendations, and known issues.
- Present findings and recommendations to the data and product teams to improve our products.
- Bachelor degree in a quantitative field, computer science, or comparable post-graduation experience.
- Experience creating data processing applications in Python.
- Experience working with Data Engineering teams a plus.
- AdTech / Web analytic experience, including web data collection and debugging a plus.
- Proven analytical skills with an established approach to quantitative analysis.
- Strong data schema and hands-on database development skills, using SQL.
- Proven spreadsheet skills, extremely proficient and confident using Excel (pivot tables, lookup functions, complex charts).
- Ruthless at prioritization across multiple stakeholders, the ability to say "no" and explain why.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to translate quantitative numbers into recommended actions.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.