Software Developer - Intern
This is an undergraduate internship opportunity. Graduate students should apply to our graduate Intern requisition - 115044BR.
Aspera, an IBM company is the creator of next-generation transport technologies that move the world's data at maximum speed regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions. Based on its patented, Emmy® award-winning FASP™ protocol, Aspera software fully utilizes existing infrastructures to deliver the fastest, most predictable file-transfer experience. Aspera's core technology delivers unprecedented control over bandwidth, complete security and uncompromising reliability. Organizations across a variety of industries on six continents rely on Aspera software for the business-critical transport of their digital assets. High-profile users include James Cameron's Lightstorm Entertainment who relied on Aspera software for moving massive visual effects files across continents during the production of Avatar, Netflix who receive all their video content directly to their cloud infrastructure via Aspera On Demand and BGI, the world's largest genome research organization where Aspera solutions are used to enable global collaboration between scientists across the globe. Aspera is looking for highly motivated graduate students or upper-level undergraduate students to intern with our company's software engineering team. We also have related intern opportunities in other departments from time to time as well.
- Assisting the software development team in developing and testing client and server components for Aspera's high performance file transfer suite, including internal libraries, tools and user interface components.
- Develop and maintain unit tests and automated system tests.
- Assist in the research and development of plug-ins for third party products utilizing the Aspera SDK, such as video and audio editing tools.
- Create sample programs and documentation for utilizing Aspera SDK components in browser, web services, and Java/.NET/C++ applications.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ and knowledge of Java or .NET
- Experience in developing either user interface or system-level software
- Web application programming and Ruby on Rails knowledge a plus Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent understanding of Computer Science fundamentals as demonstrated through a superior academic record
Other Locations For This Job