Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
- Hungry for some language development? Come join YP and make a difference to the application developer experience at Workday! Our team consists of seasoned former XpressO developers who came together to build the next generation of application development focused tooling. Our goal is to build a language relatable to other languages yet retaining the goodness and benefits of the OMS. We are looking for a motivated, learn at any cost, team player who wants to make a difference for Workday. If you are that person or know of anyone who fits the bill, please contact us!
• Passionate about software language development.
• Must have a disciplined, methodical, minimalist approach to designing and constructing layered software components that can be embedded within larger frameworks or applications.
• 1 - 2 years experience in Object Oriented Design and Programming, fluent in Java, proficient in applying common design patterns, ability to communicate design ideas effectively using UML.
• Knowledge of security/access control, scalability, high availability, concurrency, online diagnoses, deployment, upgrade/migration, internationalization, production support and other SaaS enterprise software issues.
- Comfortable working with version control systems, GIT
• Proficient in major development tools and processes, such as source control, requirement spec, design and design review, unit test, system test, performance test, etc.
• Proven ability to deliver on time working in a fast paced agile environment, ability to work with product managers to clarify and prune requirements, strong verbal and written communication.
• BS in Computer Science or related fields.
• Support the release planning by understanding the details (effort, risk, priority) of the planned features. Develop estimates and task dependencies. Support the management in coordinating actions with extended product teams including tools development, application development, product management, QA, service/consulting, customer/production support, documentation/training and sales demo.
• Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation of new features.
• Keep on top of task and bug management system for assigned issues each sprint as well as estimating and assessing priority.
• Perform peer code reviews as part of everyday workflow.
• Contribute ideas for continually improving the team's productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality.
• Research new technology and development tools in our space to remain abreast of current and emerging technology. Propose and execute on mini-research/prototype projects that introduce an innovative solution to new or existing problem.
• Be an evangelist of our technologies and products. Communicate cross multiple teams to show case new features and functionalities.
• Have fun engineering software.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.