Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
What if you can build the platform that powers business-critical transactions for Workday's global customers? We want passionate developers who love technology, upward mobility and want to make an impact.
Our Platform Engineering organization is growing fast and we are looking for Software Engineers to join our team
What a Software Engineer for our Platform Engineering team does at Workday:
• Architecture, designing, development and ownership of our core deployment platform. We're passionate about open source software and ideally you'd want to contribute back to the open source ecosystem we're part of. We use chef extensively as that's our configuration management tool of choice and literally dozens of other tools and systems make up our platform. Our job is to improve these systems and keep them running. We predominantly write these systems in Ruby.
• Innovation and solving problems are always on our mind; our engineers are constantly evolving our systems and are motivated to rapidly deliver features to production.
• Collaboration is the key to success. Our small teams allow our Engineers to come up with quick and exciting solutions.
Can you answer YES to some of these questions?
• Is an Object Oriented language your core development language?
• Have you worked with any of the following: Ruby, Python, Sinatra, Jenkins, Gerritt, Chef Development Kit, Elastic Search, Chef, Puppet, XML processing,
• Have a background developing on Linux or Unix-like systems (Solaris, BSDs etc)
• Have configuration management experience
• Have you worked on large-scale, distributed, and highly concurrent systems?
• Do you have knowledge of methodologies, technologies and architectures employed by consumer internet applications?
Apply and see if you have what it takes to be part of the revolution of cloud based, user-friendly enterprise software systems of tomorrow!
Here are a few more details about the role:
• Develop the platform that drives core business transactions for some of the worlds biggest companies
• Work on complex, backend Ruby components
• Help the team continue in best practices in Development Operations and Continuous Deployment
• Build critical common deployment systems at scale
• Work effectively in an Agile / Scrum methodology to deliver business value quickly and consistently
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.