Every day at Oracle we are changing the way the world does business and challenging the status quo by delivering innovative cloud, infrastructure and data solutions. Oracle continues to push the boundaries of technology and we have delivered the industry's most comprehensive enterprise platforms. Oracle's Advanced Analytics (OAA) solution is one of the markets most comprehensive analytics platforms for real-time analytics that delivers insight into key business subjects such as churn prediction, product recommendations, and fraud alerting. Oracle's Advanced Analytics helps organizations drive innovation and business transformation by increasing agility, lowering costs and reducing complexity. Learn more about Oracle's Advanced Analytics here:
Oracle Advanced Analytics wants you to join our team of highly motivated Engineers responsible for building cutting edge solutions that tackle some of the most challenging problems business currently face. As a software developer
you will be a key contributor to our elite engineering team and have the opportunity to use your excellent analytics and computer science skills to innovate. In this role you will develop Database Advanced Analytics with a focus on Oracle R Enterprise technology. This role has broad responsibilities including building Enterprise level Predictive Analytics platforms, developing scalable Analytic Algorithms and deploying technology across various platforms for large scale data.
Oracle Advanced Analytics extends the Oracle Database into a comprehensive advanced analytics platform. Oracle R Enterprise technology is a key component of well-marketed OAA product that leverages both R statistical programming language and Oracle database server performance to deliver an in-database analytics environment for R and SQL users. This unique environment allows users to scale analytics across database servers with extreme performance and a variety of state-of-art data mining algorithms as well as prowess of R. RESPONSIBILITIES:
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Design, develop, enhance, and troubleshoot database analytics software product
- Develop key components of statistical and analytic platform for Oracle R enterprise
- Design and implement novel analytic features not limited to standard data mining technology
- Bridge and incorporate analytic capability between R and database
- Understand use cases, write functional specifications and design documentation and assist with feature documentation.
- Work with QA to define test plans and write Level-one feature tests
- Work with external groups such as database core and cloud teams to solve issues related to OAA product
- Assist custom-facing people to investigate and resolve user problem
- 2 years of software design and implementation experience.
- 2 years' programming experience in C and/or C and Scripting including SQL, R, Python, Shell, Bash or related.
- Solid skills in database and/or distributed framework.
- Relevant experience in analytics product development or project work.
- In depth Knowledge of statistical/predictive analytics with statistical modeling, data mining, machine learning and/or numerical analysis technology.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related course of study.
- Skillful in statistical & analytics feature development in R or python.
- Professional experience in Database Systems and Middleware Infrastructure Development.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related course of study.
- Work independently & collaboratively, be self-motivated, and passionately curious about the product inside out.
- Excellent problem investigation and solving skills, attention to detail, and a desire to achieve win-win outcomes.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and appropriately to target audiences, both in writing and verbally.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.