We are developing a state-of-the-art digital lithography tool to revolutionize the display industry. The system is developed in C under a Linux environment and comprises a tiered, multi-threaded, distributed application. We are seeking a software developer with several years' experience in these areas to develop in and maintain our infrastructure software both in Santa Clara and at customer sites.. Key Responsibilities
Qualifications: Education and Experience
- Understanding of the existing software architecture and interactions between the various modules comprising the system
- Development of additional functionality and capabilities in a manner consistent with the current software design principles
- Integration of functionality provided by other developers into the existing framework such that it looks like it was always there
- Support for infrastructure software issues at customer sites for initial tool deployments
- Training of long-term field support personnel in these debug and troubleshooting areas
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related area.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in a customer-facing development role highly desirable
- Deep knowledge of C, familiarity with C
- An understanding software architecture and design principles
- Ability to work in a team and take input from other members in coordinating work
- Ability to travel (up to 25%) and support troubleshooting and debug of prototype and Beta installations in the field
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.